Posted on Sunday / November 20
Thank you for reading the latest edition of the DPAC Family Update! This week we share a look ahead at upcoming no-school and vacation days, provide an update on weekly progress reports which have now begun for the second quarter, we look back at the community Thanksgiving Potluck, and more! If you have questions about the content of an article please reach out to email@example.com. If you ever have questions about your scholars academic or behavioral progress please connect with your teachers. Thank you!
Please click on the article title below to jump ahead to that article
Upcoming No School and Half-Day Dismissals
For a copy of the full year calendar outlining all half-days and no-school days please follow THIS LINK:
- November 21 – 25: No school on Wednesday 23, Thursday 24, or Friday 25 for Thanksgiving.
- November 28 – December 2: Full week regular dismissal.
- December 5 – December 9: Full week regular dismissal.
- November 28 – December 10: Doolittle After-School Program hosted at DPAC
- Doolittle Community Center will be undergoing construction. DPAC scholars enrolled in Doolittle’s after school program will have their program hosted on our campus by Doolittle’s staff during renovations. DPAC’s 21st CCLC after-school program will still occur on campus as regularly scheduled during this time with regular CCLC staff.
- December 13. 5:30pm: Board of Directors Meeting (Open Meeting)
- December 14. 5:30pm – 6:30pm: Parent University – Title I Rights Meeting
- This Parent University is an opportunity for families to receive an update about the current status of the school from Regional Superintendent Dr. Nash. This special Parent University also serves to ensure all families know their rights as members of a Title I school. Please plan to attend this important meeting!
- December 21 – January 2: Winter Break No School
Quarter 1 Digital Report Card Request Form
Please follow THIS LINK to complete a simple request form to receive a digital copy of your scholars Quarter 1 report card. Please remember that the first quarter represents 15% of your scholars overall grade for the year. If your grades don’t yet reach your goals, remember your teachers are here to work with you and your family to create a game plan for success!
Weekly Progress Reports
Now that Quarter 1 has ended, we will resume with weekly Progress Reports. The first Progress Reports of Quarter 2 were sent Sunday morning, November 20. Moving forward we will continue by sending the weekly progress reports on Fridays. If you ever have questions regarding the content of your report card please contact your scholar’s teacher. If you do not receive the progress reports as expected, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictures and Memories
Thank you to the incredible DPAC staff who donated time out of their lives to help ensure this amazing community event was able to take place. Thank you to SLA, our new food service provider, who helped prepare the Thanksgiving meal and continues to provide some of the best menus in Las Vegas to our scholars! Special thanks to all of the families who chose to spend an evening from their busy lives celebrating our community together! Special evenings like this help us all connect on a personal level. Thank you everyone for your participation and support of this important event.
Winter Formal Dance
Winter Formal Flyer: The Middle School Student Council would like to announce the Winter Masquerade Formal to be held Friday, December 9th from 5-8pm in the DPAC Cafeteria. Tickets are only $5 and go on sale soon! Scholars are invited to wear semi-formal attire to the dance. Please click on the Winter Formal Flyer for details.
Food Donation Flyer: From November 28 – December 2 each advisory classroom is in a competition to see who can collect the most canned goods! The advisory class that collects the most canned goods will win a pizza party and free dress day. You can bring your donations directly to your advisory during the collection window Nov 28 – Dec 2. Thank you and good luck!