Posted on Sunday / December 11
In the Dec. 12th edition of the Family Update we share details on a dress-down Spirit Week this week, an invitation to Holiday Village at UNLV where families can register to receive free holiday gifts, and we continue free scholar photo distribution. You will receive important details on key events like this week’s Parent University, the DPAC Board Meeting, and upcoming Winter Break dates. All of this and more is included below! If you have questions about the content of an article please reach out to email@example.com. If you ever have questions about your scholars academic or behavioral progress please connect with your teachers. Thank you!
Please click on the article title below to jump ahead to that article
Spirit Week Dress Down
This week all scholars K-12 and staff are invited to take part in a Spirit Week Dress Down! Each day there will be an alternative festive attire they are invited to wear. We do apologize if this notice is the first you are hearing of this particular Spirit Week. Our goal is to always provide at minimum two full weeks notice before any participatory event like this. Please view the flyer HERE.
Please remember that scholars not participating must be in full uniform. Even if participating in the Spirit Week, we still cannot allow Ripped Jeans, Pajamas, Crop Tops, Crocs or Slides for shoes. Normal policies around no hoods worn in the classroom are still in effect as well. Thank you for your understanding.
- Monday: Twin Day, pair off with a friend and dress alike.
- Tuesday: Ugly Sweater Day, show off your ugliest sweater.
- Wednesday: Anything but a backpack day (wear school color). Scholars are invited to use a creative but functional alternative to their normal backpack.
- Thursday: Solstice Day, wear white and blue.
- Friday: Winter Wonderland: Wear any winter or holiday inspired colors.
Upcoming No School and Half-Day Dismissals
For a copy of the full year calendar outlining all half-days and no-school days please follow THIS LINK:
- December 12 – December 16: Full week regular dismissal
- Monday, December 19 & Tuesday, December 20: Regular dismissal
- Wednesday, December 21 – Monday, January 2: Winter Break No School
- Tuesday, January 3 – Friday, January 6: Regular dismissal
- December 13. 5:30pm: Board of Directors Meeting (Open Meeting)
- Click HERE for a link to the full notice and agenda
- December 14. 5:30pm – 6:30pm: Parent University – Title I Rights Meeting
- This Parent University is an opportunity for families to receive an update about the current status of the school from Regional Superintendent Dr. Nash. This special Parent University also serves to ensure all families know their rights as members of a Title I school. Please plan to attend this important meeting!
Request Form for Free Copy of Scholar Photo
Please fill out THIS FORM to request a free copy of your scholar’s school photo. We are grateful for a new partnership this year with Content Collaborate who has agreed to provide digital copies to all families at no cost to you! Instead of ordering printed photo packages through the school, you are welcome to use the digital copies at your convenience for cheaper printing. If you have any questions about this new school photo process please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Infinite Campus Login: Know Your Scholar’s Academics
Infinite Campus Student Information Portal for Families
Did you know that you have constant 24hr a day access to your scholar’s academic progress? Please save this link: https://nvcloud1.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/democracy_prep.jsp All families in Las Vegas regardless of your scholar’s school has a unique login to the state-used student information system known as Infinite Campus. If you do not know your login, please fill out THIS FORM and we will follow up with login instructions.
Update from Ms. Taylor for High School Families
Letter for High School from Ms. Taylor: Please follow the link provided for an update from High School Principal Ms. Taylor. A new incentive program will be beginning to help address the large number of tardies each day. Please click on the Letter from Ms. Taylor for details.
Holiday Village @UNLV (FREE Toys – RSVP)