Posted on Thursday / September 22
NOTICE OF MEETING
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING Democracy Prep at the Agassi Campus will conduct a public meeting on September 27, 2022, beginning at 5:30 p.m.
This public meeting will be conducted in accordance with Nevada’s Open Meeting Law, NRS 241.020. The meeting will take place at Democracy Prep at the Agassi Campus and available virtually.
Members of the public may view the meeting online via the information below:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 987 314 9005
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,9873149005# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,9873149005# US (Tacoma)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 987 314 9005
Find your local number: https://democracyprep.zoom.us/u/kboaXqS6Gl
Public Comment: Time for public comment will be provided at the beginning of the meeting before any items on which action may be taken are heard by the public body and again before the adjournment of the meeting. See NRS 241.020(2)(d)(3)(I). A time limit of three (3) minutes, subject to the discretion of the Board Chair, will be imposed on public comments in order to afford all members of the public who wish to comment an opportunity to do so within the timeframe available to the Board. Public comment cannot be restricted based on viewpoint. Public comment may be submitted in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org, and any such public comment received prior to the meeting will be provided to the Board and included in the written minutes of the meeting.
The Board reserves the right to take agenda items out of order, items may be removed or delayed from the agenda at any time, and two or more items may be combined for consideration. The Board is pleased to make reasonable accommodations for any member of the public who has a disability and wishes to attend the meeting. If special arrangements for the meeting are necessary, please notify the Board, in writing, at 1201 W. Lake Mead Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89106; via email at email@example.com; or call 702-310-2410.
- Call to Order and Roll Call/Establishment of Quorum (Action Item)
- Public Comment #1: Public Comment will be taken during this agenda item regarding any item appearing on the agenda. No action may be taken on a matter discussed under this item until the matter is included on an agenda as an item on which action may be taken. DPAC’s Regional Superintendent will impose a time limit of three (3) minutes. Public Comment #2 will provide an opportunity for public comment on any matter within the Board’s jurisdiction, control, or advisory power
- Approval of Agenda (Action Item): DPAC board will review and approve the agenda for the September 27, 2022 Board Meeting.
- Review and Approval of Meeting Minutes (Action Item): DPAC Board will review and approve the meeting minutes from the August 16, 2022 Emergency Board Meeting and the August 23 Board Meeting.
- Regional Superintendent’s Report (Information / Discussion): Regional Superintendent Dr. Chauncey Nash will share an update to the board about DPAC, financial updates & progress towards goals.
- Financial Update (Information Item): An update will be provided to the Board about current financial status.
- Network Update (Information Item): An update will be provided to the board about Democracy Prep Public Schools across the network.
- Special Education Policies and Procedures Manual (Action Item): The recommended changes are presented for the 22/23 school year to be reviewed and voted upon.
- Plan for Restorative Discipline (Action item): An updated document for the 22/23 school year policies are provided for review and Board approval.
- New CMO Contract for 2022/2023 (Action Item): Dr. Chauncey Nash will provide an update regarding the new DPAC contract with our Charter Management Organization, Democracy Prep Public Schools. The document is up for review and vote for approval.
- Board Training (Action Item item): Who all attended the Board Member training provided by the SPCSA on 9/22/22
- SPCSA Site Evaluation: Board Focus Group (Information Item): The SPCSA Site Evaluation will be Wednesday, October 5th. The DPAC Board is scheduled for a Focus Group from 11:30am – 12:00pm. Board Members, please confirm your attendance.
- Public Comment #2: DPAC’s Regional Superintendent will impose a time limit of three (3)minutes. Action will not be taken on the matters considered during this period until specifically included on an agenda as an “Action Item.”